Monday 25 November 2013

A busy weekend...

On Saturday evening, my new Texan family were out in force! It was our American Wedding Reception, and I learnt many things:

  • I have an Uncle Scooter who can tear up a dance floor with masses of enthusiasm (AMAZING) 
  • I have an Uncle Bill and cousin Brad who are going to teach me all things Texan, including Texas Hold'em, Tex Mex and something to do with horseshoes (?!)
  • I have family and friends who were willing to travel from Austin and Ohio to celebrate with us (!) 
  • My husband has Cherokee blood (his great great great grandfather was half Cherokee, and his father (add another great) was full Cherokee (or was it mother??? There were a lot of 'greats' being thrown about, I got confused)
  • If you place cinnamon sticks in jars with candles, it smells like Christmas (I was sniffing centrepieces for most of the night) 
  • Apple Pie Moonshine tastes like sweet, glorious Heaven
  • Two-stepping to country music looks like so much fun (PLEASE hubby???) and can be done in true Cowboy fashion at Billy Bob's in Fort Worth
  • I have developed a love for the song 'Country Girl' (Shake it for me) by Luke Bryan. In fact, put it on after you've read this and dance around. Go on! Shake your inner country butt! Too far? Sorry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment