Tuesday 4 March 2014

Hannah and Max in Texas - Part 1

My sister and her boyfriend flew in last Thursday for a two week stay with us in Dallas. After a looooooooooooong old flight with a delay in Minneapolis, they finally arrived, dishevelled, jet-lagged and with the distinct odour of plane on their clothes.

So far we have been to Walmart (it was top of their list), Arbor Hills nature reserve, Fort Worth and Downtown Dallas. They have experienced a rodeo, a cowboy saloon, twinkies, biscuits, IHOP bliss, Texas Long Horn cattle, Texas heat (23 degrees centigrade), Texas ice (minus 6), Texas BBQ, Texas Shiner Bock beer and Texas pro-gun protesters (no joke, as soon as we got out of the car, there they were. Also, I'm on camera saying that I didn't feel nervous in their presence - what else could I say when my interviewer had a rifle slung over his shoulder?!).  

Hannah and Max are now on their way to Austin to stay in Hipster House (slightly worried) and to see the sights of the capital. 

My favourite moment so far (apart from the pro-gun protesters) was when Hannah ordered a side of beans with her Popeye's Chicken and Biscuits to be 'healthy' and then, on receipt of said beans, looked at me in horror and whispered 'there's bacon in them!'

Stay tuned for Part 2!    

No comments:

Post a Comment