Tuesday 18 March 2014

Blue sky thinking...

The Texas sky is HUGE. I really do feel like I'm in a snow globe, minus the snow. This fact hit me on our recent trip down the I-35 to San Antonio. The landscape is as flat as a pancake, and the ratio between land and sky is probably 1:5000. I could see for miles (I'm lying. I'm pretty blind without my glasses, so I could just about make out my husbands facial features in the seat next to me. He's always moaning at me to wear my glasses. Maybe I should. But I digress). I'm a hill person. As a child, I knew I was on holiday as soon as the rolling Devonshire hills came into view. They were (still are, unless someone's flattened them) green with smooth curves and freckled with sheep. I always thought I'd live somewhere with hills. But I moved from my flat homeland of Essex, to the equally flat Lincolnshire, to the doubly flat Texas. Hills are obviously saved for special occasions in my life! But, as we drove to San Antonio and the sky loomed above us, I realised something. The sky is bloomin' awesome! Just as beautiful as hills and mountains. And living in Texas, with it's vast flatness, I get to see even more of it. So that's good! That's my blue sky thinking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment