Sunday 16 March 2014

For my sister, aka 'the bacon lover'


Do I need to say more? 

Ok, I will. Featured are many incredible ideas for utilising bacon to its fullest potential, including 'bacon bowls' (which involves some serious lattice work), spiced bacon eight ways (I can't even NAME 8 spices), The Italian Elvis (you just know that's gonna be good) and Bacon Burger Dogs (...). But where bacon really comes alive is in the dessert section, where we have delicacies such as Bacon-Pineapple Upside-Down Cake, BLT Club Cake, Chocolate-Bacon Cupcakes, Pancetta Pops (I kid you not, they're basically bacon lolly pops - you can see one in the photo above) and Pecan-Bacon Squares 'a la mode' (I'm sorry, but you just can't posh-up bacon, no matter how much French you know). 

Who knew bacon was so versatile?! As the magazine encourages us to do, I say 'cheers' to bacon! 

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm bacon! I think I would fit right in in Texas. I could eat bacon every day! Xx

    ReplyDelete