Tuesday 25 February 2014

My first American wedding

Any wedding that rounds off the reception meal by serving a glass of milk and an Oreo cookie is top notch in my book!

It was such a great day. The Bride was beautiful, the Groom was handsome, and the wine was served on silver platters (I felt like a movie star). I witnessed the 'smooshing' of the cake, when the Bride and Groom feed each other a slice of cake and end up with most of it in their eyebrows, the lighting of the Unity candle to symbolise two families coming together, and a short game of Mr and Mrs, where the happy couple are quizzed with questions such as 'who's the best cook?' which they answer by raising his or her shoe.

The big moment for me occurred when the country music came on and my husband AGREED TO TWO-STEP with me!!!!!!! It finally happened! I feel like I've been truly initiated now. I am a two-stepping Texan, albeit with two left feet and lanky arms. And the best thing of all - my hubby enjoyed it!  

   

No comments:

Post a Comment