Tuesday 4 November 2014

In other news...

The most amazing thing has happened - my husband is a tea convert!!!!

Ok, this might seem small, but I have been slowly chipping away at his stubborn coffee butt for the past two years, and now I have conquered his taste buds! Mwah ha ha!

I could have cried with sweet joy when he announced last night that he was looking forward to his evening cup of chai tea with milk and honey. Hurrah! 



In other news, I am back on the Etsy shop band wagon. I opened a shop a few months ago called Petite Poetry, but let it drift by the wayside until now. 

I am slowly building up my products, which consist of tiny canvases displaying some of my tiny illustrated poems, and crocheted mug cozy's.  A random combination, I know, but I love poetry and blanketed beverages. 

I am now branching out to other crocheted goods, as well as some other canvas creations. What other shop do you know that sells Jesus's face made out of coffee granules?! (If you know of one, please don't tell me. I'd like to maintain the thought that I am original :))

Here's the link if you'd like to take a look: https://www.etsy.com/shop/PetitePoetry?ref=hdr_shop_menu



In other other news, I have officially been in Texas for one whole year! 

It's one of those strange deals where it feels like time has flown, but when I think back to the immigration process and pre-car, it feels like ages ago. 

The highlights of my year have been documented in this blog, even the most obscure (do you remember the Walmart apple the size of a baby's head?), but I think the most wonderful thing about Texas is the people.

Friendly, respectful and loving with big ol' Texas hearts. Now I know why my husband is so wonderful (mush mush, mushy mush!).

I love the 'Yes, sirs' and 'Yes, ma'ams', the friendly strangers that recommend the pumpkin ravioli in Trader Joe's, and the checkout servers who give you free chocolate. Although Dallas is enormous and a little overwhelming at times, the people make you feel like you're in a small town. 



In other other other news, the location of this blog will be changing soon. I am in the process of setting up a website (Ooo, fancy!)  with the help of website/creative genius Ben Larzabal (http://www.benlarzabal.com/) and will be blogging from there to keep everything in one place. 

I will greatly miss www.redroseyellowrosecarboardbox.blogspot.com, but let's face it, it's a bit of a mouthful! I'll let you know when the official move will happen, and there will be a link to this blog on the website so that previous posts aren't lost or forgotten. 



Thank you so much for the time you take out of your busy schedules to read my ramblings! If I could make you each a complimentary chair tea with milk and honey, I would!


No comments:

Post a Comment