Sunday 8 December 2013

Oh the weather outside is frightful!!!!

Texas has the most unpredictable weather! 

On Thursday I was wearing shorts, basking in glorious sunshine at Grapevine and watching this hard working and enthusiastic American earn his wages:



One day later, I was walking to the gym in my winter coat with furry hood up and watching ice rain down in the evening.

Two days later we woke up in Narnia. 

To the excited children of Dallas (bless them, they don't see snow often) it looked like a winter wonderland until they ran outside, slipped on their bums and realised that throwing ice balls instead of snow balls isn't that much fun. 

On the first day, we stayed in, tucked up warm, eating food, watching Lost and, because of the latter, feeling thoroughly confused. On the second day, it took us forty five minutes to de-ice the car with no scraper, no de-icer, no heated windscreens and no gloves (cue me complaining that I'd left all my winter gear in England because I was advised that I wouldn't need it - pah!). We then proceeded to drive on an ice rink of death and pretend we were in an armageddon film. As we drove, we passed enormous branches laying on the roadside that has snapped from trees due to the big freeze. Today, the ice has started to thaw and crash dangerously to the ground from roofs in slabs. 




  What is going on Texas, you crazy boof?! I bet 100% I'll be back in shorts before the year is out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment