Monday 12 May 2014

Brighton

My sister lives in sunny Brighton on the south coast, a dynamic, ice-cream selling, seagull screeching, festival having city where you can find people from all walks of life. A bit like Austin really, but with a seaside! 

I love visiting my sister and taking a stroll along the sea front,


(Brighton pier)


(Old Brighton pier, still beautiful and great for a moody picture) 


(Beloved seagulls!)


(Close-up of said beloved seagulls! I once saw one steal an entire ice-cream out of a woman's hand as she walked along a packed Brighton pier! It was pretty incredible. He had to duck and dive through loads of people to do it, so I say he deserved his prize. Bravo seagull!)

or visiting boutiques in The Lanes or, as we did this time, driving five minutes out to the beautiful Suffolk Downs:






Brighton is one of those places in England where there are lots of terraced houses painted different colours and situated on long, narrow streets that are, believe it or not, two-way. Here is my sister's street: 


Driveways are a luxury in Brighton as there is no space, so double parking it is! If you meet a car coming the other way, the only thing to do is back-up, back-up and keep backing-up. We're good at reversing in England! Well, not really, but we don't mind the odd scratch on our car. That's another fib (I'm sorry, I don't know what's gotten into me!), we do mind, but sometimes you have to either a) let the small stuff go or b) ditch your car and walk everywhere! Much healthier, and everything's on your doorstep in Brighton anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment