Thursday 17 April 2014

My surprise...

A Texas Rangers game (aka baseball)! My sneaky hubby slipped my Ranger hat into the boot of the car and took me to the stadium. He said he'd booked four seats because he wanted us to spread out, which I thought was weird. Had he developed a phobia of people? Were Ranger fans crazy? Would I wind up with mustard in my eye from sitting too close to a hot-dog bearing, die-hard fan? Where had he brought me?! It all made sense when two of our friends walked in to sit beside us. Sneaky hubby strikes again!

The game was great. I was the Queen of Questions, as it's pretty technical, but I got the basic gist. I won't try to divulge any of my knowledge here as I am likely to fall flat on my face, but basically, a run is good, and the more runs a team gets, the better. And 3 strikes , your out! But everyone knows that from the films, so that's not very impressive. I'm sorry. I will definitely be a pro a few years into marriage, though, as we plan to go to many games.  

The game is a lot more chilled than basketball, so I found it quite relaxing. Plus there was plenty of time to natter with friends and eat a hot-dog and peanuts. 

At one point the fans created a wave around the stadium. When I announced that in England we call it a 'Mexican Wave' I was told that I was racist. Is it? I thought it was more of a compliment. Who doesn't love a good wave? Mexico, if you did indeed invent it, thank you!        

No comments:

Post a Comment