Friday 11 April 2014

My first American birthday!

At 6pm on 9th April my best friend text me to say that I had turned 27 in England as it was midnight there. I text back saying 'so, it could be said that I've made myself 6 hours younger by moving to the States!' Let's say yes to that. I am a time traveller.

I had a lovely day, starting with an early breakfast with the hubby, followed by a day of relaxation that involved a bath, The Swan Princess (if you haven't seen this film, why not?! A French frog (just realising how stereotypical that is), an Irish puffin and a turtle named Speed, what more could you want?!), painting, snuggling with the cat and a meal at Olive Garden. 

I was also able to Skype my parents and sister, which is always so wonderful. The funniest moment of the day was when my sister turned her screen around to show me her house-mates all standing round the piano to sing me happy birthday. It was made even more special due to the fact that one of her house-mates was dressed as a crayon (God bless you, Josh).    

Hubby has a birthday surprise for me on Saturday evening, which I'm very excited about! I'll let you know what happens. Stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment