Monday 13 January 2014

Some interesting/fun to say place names on our long trip to Austin...

Waxahachie
Corsicana
Maypearl (this one sounds like a name for a Southern Belle and I'm considering using it for my future daughter...)
Buffalo Creek
Buc-ees Great Wall of Candy (No, I did not go, cheeky!)
Carl's Corner (who's Carl and why does he have a corner?)
Buzzard Billy's
Bruceville
Moody Marlin (This is the name of a town, not a grumpy wizard)
Mother Eff (?!)
Pendleton (this sounds so British and should be said with a cup of tea in hand)
Temple (big up the maiden name!!!! Although they served us English breakfast tea at a Wendy's in Temple with NO MILK - who does that?! When I asked for some they said they would have to charge me extra. Out of protest, the tea was drunk black.)

No comments:

Post a Comment