Tuesday 9 December 2014

Treat Yo Self!

With 2015 fast approaching, I can't help but dream about what lies around the corner.

Next year, God willing, will be a time to see our over-the-pond-and-faraway family. Hubby and I are hoping to make an England trip, and I know that there are a few people planning to make it over to see us in Texas too. As much as I love the 2D Skype version of my family and friends, it is going to be so good to see them in 4D (HD if I get some new glasses by then!). 

Austin and I also decided last night to take a few more weekend trips next year. America is our oyster! (So long as we go in January when the prices are dirt cheap) We can get to Washington DC in just 2 and a half hours, Florida in a little over that, so why not? We shall be weekend travelers! It's funny to think that just over a year ago, the thought of flying off on a cold January cheap-seat flight would have made us laugh in disbelief. Yes, we make more money now, but we are also learning to hold our purse strings a little looser when it comes to enjoying ourselves and giving to others (don't worry parents, we are still saving for that mortgage!). I'm so keen to see more of this country God's landed me in! And, as two wise people once said, sometimes it's good to 'treat yo self!' -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP3xf6BFEIo



FYI: Our Christmas tree at work is up and has been PROFESSIONALLY DECORATED. I had no idea that was even a job! And no, the decorator was not an elf. I know, I was disappointed too. She was of average height, had no bells on her shoes, and did not sing 'We Wish You a Merry Christmas' in a high squeaky voice. She was, however, an 'arty' type, and decorated the tree (which came out of the box looking mangled and past its best) with peacock feathers, giant head-sized ornaments, and enough ribbon to make a toga. 




Now, it's not really my cup of tea, and in this photograph the ribbon looks like toilet paper, but I can appreciate the thought that went into it (it took her over four hours! I've honestly never seen someone move so slowly).



FYI Part Two: If you like Carol of the Bells (who doesn't?!) then you must take a look at this version by Pentatonix. It's incredible! They also have other Christmas songs available plus a multitude of chart covers. Just a little Christmas gift from me to you. You're welcome! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSUFzC6_fp8

(How deep is Beanie man's voice?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment